The junior member of the KTM Adventure line doesn’t stand still. The 2022 KTM 390 Adventure receives a number of functions that improve its off-road knowledge. Let’s go over what’s new in KTM’s single cylinder ADV motorcycle.
- The traction control now has two settings. Instead of a one-size-fits-all, the 2022 KTM 390 Adventure offers the driver the choice between street and off-road traction control. The new traction control functions complement the existing off-road ABS setting, which switches off the rear wheel ABS and reduces the intervention for the front wheel.
- Speaking of wheels, the 390 is getting new wheels this year. Although the sizes are unchanged – 19/17 inch pairing – KTM tells us that the new bikes are “stronger and more robust”. The wheels still have Continental TKC 70 tires are mounted on them.
- The WP Apex suspension is making a return, as are the Bybre brakes. The fork remains non-adjustable, while the damper still has adjustment options for rebound damping and spring preload. A 320 mm disc at the front and a 230 mm disc at the rear are used for braking.
- The short stroke engine is back unchanged. The DOHC engine with 373 cc fuel injection is ride-by-wire, has a counterbalance, a three-way catalytic converter and a wet multi-plate clutch with support and slip functions. A quickshifter for the six-speed gearbox is optional.
- KTM has not published a price or an arrival date for the 2022 KTM 390 Adventure. However, we can take a look at the new colors and graphics. Rest assured that as soon as we get our hands on that fun and capable little ADV motorcycle, we will test it.
2022 KTM 390 Adventure specifications
- Type: single cylinder
- Displacement: 373cc
- Bore x stroke: 89mm x 60mm
- Valve train: DOHC; 4 valves
- Refueling: Bosch EFI with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate clutch with assist and slipper function
- Lubrication: wet sump
- Final drive: chain
- Frame and subframe: steel mesh
- Handlebar: tapered aluminum
- Front suspension; Travel: Non-adjustable WP Apex 43mm inverted fork; 6.7 in
- Rear suspension; Spring travel: without rods, rebound damping and spring preload adjustable WP Apex damper: 6.9 inches
- Wheels: 5 spokes
- Front wheel: 19 x 2.50
- Rear wheel: 17 x 3.50
- Tires: Continental TKC 70
- Front: 100/90 x 19
- Back: 130/80 x 17
- Front brake: 320 mm disc with radially mounted 4-piston Bybre brake caliper
- Rear brake: 230 mm disc with Bybre single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: cornering detection, plus off-road mode
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 56.3 inches
- Rake: 26.5 degrees
- Trail: 3.9 in
- Seat height: 33.6 inches
- Ground clearance: 7.8 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.8 gallons
- Empty weight: 371 pounds
- Colors: gray / orange; Orange / blue
2022 KTM 390 Adventure Price: $ TBA MSRP
2022 KTM 390 Adventure Photo Gallery